GMDC names new board members
Global Market Development Center has a new slate of directors for 2017.
The organization announced that its new board is comprised of industry leaders who advance the association’s mission to inspire trading partners to connect, collaborate and create innovative growth in the general merchandise and health beauty wellness industries.
“As our organization continues to engage on the leading-edge of a constantly transforming and disrupted marketplace, we are pleased to have industry leaders and experts who are positioning GMDC for future innovation – driving consumer insights and strategic merchandising while delivering profitable change as a result,” said Patrick Spear, president and CEO. “This will be a big and exciting year for GMDC and our constituents as we face industry challenges head-on to enable our members’ success.”
The newly appointed directors include:
- Rick Cicero, senior director of merchandising, at C&S Wholesale Grocers
- John Gehre, vice president general merchandise manager – general merchandise, global sourcing and front end, at H-E-B
- Joanne Leonardi, business unit lead for general merchandise/health and beauty care/non-foods, at Topco Associates LLC
- Reilly Murray, president, at L&R Distributers
- Michael O’Shell, executive director of center store sales and marketing, at Rouse’s Enterprises LLC
- Michael Petocchi, business group manager of health and beauty care and cosmetics, at Wegmans Food Markets
- Chris Skyers, vice president of health and beauty care, at Wakefern Food Corporation
- Dave Sutton, president, at Valu Merchandisers Company
- Cheri Taylor, director of retail merchandising, at Kinney Drugs
- Mitch Terry, vice president of sales and merchandising general merchandise/health and beauty care, at Associated Grocers of Florida
- Raymond Schrumpf, senior vice president – health and beauty care, at C&S Wholesale Grocers, will serve as past board chairman.