Goodyear rolls out millennial-friendly format
Goodyear has rolled out a pilot retail concept for tire sales and installation that is almost unrecognizable as an auto supply store.
The company has reimagined the tire and auto supply shopping experience with a new format called Roll by Goodyear. The format has launched in the Washington, D.C., metro area.
Goodyear says that as shopping preferences have changed with consumers favoring convenience, efficiency and an ability to shop interchangeably online and in-store, Roll by Goodyear was designed with these needs in mind.
Goodyear says it conducted significant pre-market testing for Roll and the results were extremely favorable across all demographics, particularly with millennials.
“Roll by Goodyear makes buying tires easier,” said Fred Thomas, vice president and general manager of Goodyear Retail. “Guests can choose when, where and how to install their tires and they are in complete control of the process from start to finish. Goodyear is eliminating the waiting room and giving people time back in their day to do the things they really want to do.”
Here’s how it works:
- Guests start their shopping online with a seamless experience at RollByGoodyear.com or in a showroom. Roll by Goodyear showrooms are located in vibrant lifestyle centers where people live, work and play.
- Once tires are purchased either online or in-store, guests can pick from a handful of installation options. They can drop off their keys at a showroom and enjoy the nearby amenities or Roll by Goodyear will provide valet service that will pick up a guest’s vehicle from a location of their choice and bring it to back to wherever they are. People can also schedule a mobile installation van that will come to where they are and install their tires.
- The entire installation will be accompanied by real-time email or text status updates so no time is spent wondering when your vehicle will be ready.
Roll by Goodyear stores are designed to look, feel and transact differently from Goodyear’s traditional company-owned stores, and are currently located in:
- Shoppes of Bethesda: 4919 Elm Street, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Downtown Crown: 321 Ellington Blvd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
- Shoppes at Town Center: 19877 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874
- Pike Center: 12103 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852-1605