Gordon Food Service opening 6 locations in Texas
Gordon Food Service said the new stores would have:
- A large seasonal produce department.
- Meat available by the piece, pound or case.
- Quick meal solutions for occasions such as tailgates, picnics or cookouts.
- Wholesale walk-in coolers with produce, meat and dairy.
- Ready-to-heat and ready-to-eat, grab-and-go meals, such as rotisserie and fried chicken, deli sandwiches and guacamole.
- Freshly prepared tortillas.
- 15 varieties of popcorn.
The stores will also offer Gordon Food Service Gordon Go! Loyalty program, which is available to the retailer’s business and nonprofit customers. Other store services include online ordering for same-day in-store pickup and same-day express van delivery, the release said.
Four of the stores opened March 14, two in Houston, and the other two in Katy and League City, Texas, according to the release. The other two new stores, both in Houston, will open at a later date, the retailer said.
"Gordon Food Service Store believes in the power of good food and its ability to bring people together and make moments special," said Tim Grabar, president of Gordon Food Service Stores, in the release. "We are excited to open our doors to the greater Houston community and provide the chef-quality food products our stores are known for."
Gordon Food Service operates more than 175 stores in the U.S., in states that include Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Michigan and now Texas. Gordon Food Service also operates in Canada, with distribution centers in Ontario, Nova Scotia, Alberta, British Columbia and Québec.