How Amazon plans to win Christmas
Amazon is planning to leverage a strong holiday season into even more sales by bringing back Digital Day.
Last year, Amazon launched a post-Christmas promotion called “Digital Day.” On that day, Amazon customers were given access to deals on digital goods, some of those deals hitting above the half-off mark.
The online retailer has announced that it will be bringing back Amazon Digital Day for 2017, once again launching a bunch of digital deals after Christmas, giving shoppers a good away to put those newly received gift cards to use.
Customers will be able to access more than 5,000 deals over eight categories including movies, TV shows, mobile games, apps, eBooks, and more at amazon.com/digitalday.
Last year on Digital Day, Amazon customers ordered hundreds of thousands of items with record-breaking sales across digital apps, games, and comics.
“Amazon Digital Day is an amazing time to shop for deals on digital content,” said Aaron Rubenson, VP, Amazon Appstore. “The customer response was incredibly positive last year, and we’re excited to help customers find great discounts again this year—whether they just received a new Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, or Fire Kids Edition Tablet over the holidays or are looking to add new content to their current device.”
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the Amazon Digital Day deals:
- Save 60% off Wonder Woman on Amazon Video
- $10 Amazon.com credit when you subscribe to HBO NOW on Amazon
- Save 25% off $49.99 Lapis bundle for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Save 50% off all in-game items for Marvel Puzzle Quest
- Save up to 80% off in-game items for Playrix games
- Save up to 75% off ROBLOX New Year’s Eve themed wearables
- Save up to 33% off video games like Sonic Forces, Civilization VI, NBA 2K 18, and WWE 2K18
- Save up to 75% off on Kindle best-selling books, including titles such as The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye, The Silent Corner, and Modern Romance
- Save up to 80% off best-selling Marvel graphic novels like Civil War II, House of M, World War Hulk, and Star Wars
- Three free audiobooks when you sign up for an Audible trial
- 25% or more off PC software like Rosetta Stone and Adobe Creative Cloud Photography
- First 3 months free in Daily Burn streaming workouts
Customers can visit amazon.com/digitalday to sign up to receive notifications when the deals begin, or follow #DigitalDay for updates. Customers may also shop Digital Day deals using the Amazon App and the Amazon Appstore.
As a preview of the sale, some deals will be available starting as early as Dec. 26, with the biggest savings launching at 12:00 am ET time on Dec. 29.