JCP and Levi Executives Join RILA Board
JCPenney CEO Jill Soltau and Levi Strauss CEO Chip Bergh were elected as the newest members of the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) board of directors, a group that include nearly two dozen of the biggest names in retailing and consumer goods.
In announcing the addition of Soltau and Bergh, RILA highlighted the important role the board played recently working with an expanded network of retail CEOs to develop the Blueprint for Shopping Safe, a document which outlines measures retailers are taking to keep customers and employees safe, as well as a three-phased recommended approach to reopening.
“The opportunity to convene retail’s top leaders to discuss the future of our industry is particularly valuable right now as we all operate under unique circumstances," said Mary Dillon, CEO of Ulta Beauty and RILA chairperson. “We all share the goal of keeping our guests, associates and communities safe, and through the RILA Board, we can work together to create actionable ways forward that strengthen the likelihood of success for all."
“RILA has always relied heavily on our board of directors, not only to inform our current advocacy work, but to collaborate and anticipate challenges on the horizon,” said RILA President Brian Dodge. “Nobody had a playbook for 2020 and the COVID-19 crisis, but it has become especially apparent to us throughout the current crisis just how fortunate we are to be able to tap into the expertise and leadership around our table, and channel that peer to peer collaboration on solutions that will impact the entire economy.”
In addition to Soltau, Bergh, Dillon and Dodge, other members of the RILA board include:
- Todd Vasos, CEO, Dollar General (vice chairman)
- Richard Johnson, chairman, president and CEO, Foot Locker (treasurer)
- Alexander Gourlay, co-chief operating officer, Walgreens Boot Alliance and president, Walgreen Co. (secretary)
- Brian Cornell, chairman and CEO, Target (immediate past chairman)
- Timothy Baer, partner, TRB Partners, LLC (Counsel to the Board)
- Corie Barry, CEO, Best Buy
- Dagmar Boggs, chief retail sales and bottler operations officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- Mark Breitbard, president and CEO, Banana Republic, Gap Inc.
- Martin Butler, vice president, consumer industry leader, USA, IBM Corporation
- Michael Duffy, CEO, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Marvin Ellison, president and CEO, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
- Fabian Garcia, president, North America, Unilever
- Alan Hoskins, president and CEO, Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- Joe Jensen, vice president and general manager, retail solutions division, Intel Corporation
- Richard Keyes, president and CEO, Meijer, Inc.
- Craig Menear, chairman, CEO and president, The Home Depot, Inc.
- Steve Rendle, chairman, president and CEO, VF Corporation
- William Rhodes, chairman, president and CEO, AutoZone, Inc.
- J.K. Symancyk, president and CEO, PetSmart, Inc.
- Jill Standish, senior managing director, Global Retail Consulting Practice, Accenture