Lowe’s Focuses on Home for the Holidays
The year of the pandemic has, in so many ways, been a year spent mostly at home — and now Lowe’s is hoping to use that to spark holiday shopping.
This holiday season, the retailer says it is helping customers reflect on a year at home. By gifting the "home," customers can invest in more precious time and memories with loved ones – from kitchen essentials for more meals together to a new treehouse for creative playtime outside.
Lowe's will also give "home" for the holidays renewed meaning through special initiatives that give back to the many communities it serves, first by inviting customers to share "Letters to Home" that detail why they love their homes, what their homes endured this year and how they hope to make them even better next year. As well, Lowe's will spotlight select families who share their stories in-store or on social media using #LetterstoHome. Lowe's will also highlight community support on Small Business Saturday and throughout the season, with details to be announced in the coming weeks.
"Our homes have never been more meaningful to our lives than they have been in 2020," said Marisa Thalberg, Lowe's executive vice president, chief brand and marketing officer. "Over the past few months, we've seen our homes rise, if imperfectly, to meet all that we've needed from them. As we approach the holidays, the idea of gifting the home feels especially right. It's a giving back in a way, but most importantly when you gift your home as a family, it's a gift you can both give, and enjoy, together."
To make the gift of home more affordable and easier to shop, Lowe's has introduced a new Season of Savings, beginning on Oct. 22, to help customers gift back after an unexpected year at home with loved ones. Lowe's will help shop their home wish list and make being home for the holidays extra special by launching deals in-store and online starting Thursday, Oct. 22 through December, while supplies last, to eliminate frenzied, crowded, one-day shopping.
- Daily, one-day, online-only “Cyber Steals” on tools, generators, pressure washers, patio sets, electronics, small appliances, floorcare, lighting, décor and more available on Lowes.com/CyberSteals (Oct. 22 – Dec. 2).
- Savings up to $700 when consumers purchase major appliances totaling $1,999 or more (Nov. 19 – Dec. 2).
- Buy one select DeWalt 20V Max XR Power Detect Tool, get one select Bare Tool free (Oct. 28 – Dec. 30).
- Buy one select Craftsman V20 Max Battery Kit or Combo Kit, get one select Bare Tool free (Oct. 28 – Dec. 30).
- Dedicating an entire month to saying thanks to pro customers, with "PROvember," Starting Thursday, Oct. 29 through Wednesday, Nov. 25.
Lowe’s also is introducing free local and fresh Christmas tree delivery starting Friday, Oct. 30.