JULY/AUGUST 2017 Issue
- WHAT’S WRONG WITH STORES? Operators of physical stores only have themselves to blame for new attacks from retail’s disruptor class.
- THE NEW BEAUTY LEADERS. The beauty category is hot and three companies are leading the way. RL profiles Ulta, Sephora and Bluemercury.
- HOW TO BE A CEO. A landmark study highlights the essential traits required of senior executives with corner office aspirations.
- OMNICHANNEL APPREHENSION. Executing an omnichannel strategy is costly, challenging and mission critical — and no one has perfected the process.
- ENABLING THE FUTURE OF FULFILLMENT. Retailers and suppliers have new allies in innovative packaging.
- MAXIMIZING VALUE. The breakneck pace of change is creating an M&A dynamic.
- DISRUPTING THE DINOSAURS. Two CPG startups with unconventional business models show why retailers and big brands have more to worry about than Amazon and Lidl.
- ALIBABA’s JACK MA. Alibaba founder Jack Ma is a brand builder and free trade advocate eager to help U.S. retailers and suppliers grow.
- WINNING THE STORE. AB InBev has a new JBP process and category management approach to help retailers win with beer.
- BEYOND CATEGORY MANAGEMENT. Positioning your organization for the shopper of the future.
Summer 2017 Issue
- COVER STORY: The RL100. Top companies and trends transforming commerce.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR: INNOVATION OBSESSION.
- POWERED BY PRODUCE. Sprouts’ aggressive expansion plans
- READY TO REBOUND. A host of factors are forecast to restore private brand growth.
- A MULTICULTURAL MOMENT. How ethnic supermarkets are winning
- WHO PAYS BEST. A new study from researchers at Rutgers
- PERCEPTION AND REALITY. Headlines about the demise of physical retail have become common, but the 37,000 people who gathered in Las Vegas in May see things differently.
- BEYOND THE SMARTPHONE. Tech industry innovators are reimagining mobile and envisioning a hands-free future.
- DYNAMIC PRICING DE-MYSTIFIED. Controversial and misunderstood, dynamic pricing is here to stay and guess what? Shoppers don’t mind.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY DIVERSITY SCORECARD. Target, Kroger and Walmart outperform peers, while Costco, Amazon and Albertsons lag.
- STRATEGY: CATMAN 2025: VISIONS FOR THE FUTURE. The category management framework that revolutionized retail two decades ago is adjusting to new marketplace dynamics and huge increases in data volumes.
- WHAT’S NEXT: CANNABIS BECOMES A CATEGORY
May/June 2017 Issue
- COVER STORY DOLLAR GENERAL. CEO Todd Vasos’ formula for growth.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR DAY 1 FOR CPG RETAILERS. Good ideas can be found in any corner of the business world, but two companies stand out as sources of inspiration.
- IN FOCUS: BJ’S WHOLESALE CLUB. The retailer has positioned itself for growth with the backing of private equity owners and the leadership of CEO Chris Baldwin.
- WORKPLACE IMPROVEMENTS. Retailers are giving an inch to get a lot in return from happier workers.
- SOLVING THE PHYSICAL/DIGITAL RIDDLE. Nielsen President Chris Morley discusses global trends, changes in the U.S. retail landscape and how to make sense of it all.
- THE NEW TRADE MARKETING MODEL. Changing shopper behaviors and a challenging growth environment have ushered in a new era for trade marketing.
- SURVIVING TRUMP. America’s retailers are no fans of regulations, like the president, except when it comes to food safety and their reputation.
- EXPECTING THE UNEXPECTED. Retail Leader gathered industry executives in Washington, D.C., for a first-of-its-kind roundtable luncheon around President Trump’s 100th day in office.
- IBM’S ANSWER MAN. Darin Archer talks innovation, artificial intelligence, cognitive technologies and what’s new with IBM’s Watson.
- THE DIGITAL FIRST FUTURE. Two technology trends will revolutionize grocery shopping during the next five years.
- COVER STORY: TARGET’S BIG BET Brian Cornell’s $7 billion plan to reinvent the retailer.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR: THE R-TECH ERA BEGINS There’s a new tech in town. Retailers embrace (R)Tech.
- YEAR OF THE MEGA-DEAL With three big deals in the books, 2017 is setting up to be a record breaker.
- DIGITAL DONE RIGHT Ample rewards await brands able to navigate complexities of the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
- FINDING A WAY FORWARD E-commerce angst is pervasive among retailers who know they should be doing more, but aren’t sure what.
- TOP WOMEN IN RETAIL: WOMEN TO WATCH Our annual look at top industry executives from the retailer, supplier and service provider worlds.
- ISLAND OF OPPORTUNITY What retailers need to know about Cuba.
- CLICK & COLLECT The new normal for retailers.
- RISE OF THE CHATBOTS Retailers embrace conversational commerce.
- NOT IF, BUT WHEN Declining consumption and emerging technologies ready to rock food retailing.
- January/February 2017: Browse Issue Online
- November/December 2016: Browse Issue Online
- September/October 2016: Browse Issue Online
- July/August 2016: Browse Issue Online
- May/June 2016: Browse Issue Online
- March/April 2016: Browse Issue Online
- January/February 2016: Browse Issue Online