Nordstrom’s Treasure & Bond Partners With Nonprofits
Nordstrom announced Treasure & Bond — the company's “give-back” brand that donates 2.5% of net sales — will partner with nonprofit organizations in five regions to support such initiatives as housing, mental health services and job training for young people experiencing homelessness.
The retailer said this move marks a new strategy for Treasure & Bond that will enable the brand to offer more localized support in key communities Nordstrom serves. Previously, the brand's beneficiary changed each year, donating to nationally acclaimed charities such as YWCA, Boys and Girls Club and more.
“Our new strategy of partnering with smaller organizations in specific regions allows us to connect with the communities where we do business in an impactful way,” said Jennifer Jackson Brown, EVP, president of Nordstrom Product Group at Nordstrom. “Treasure & Bond's give-back promise remains at the heart of the brand, and we're excited to show our customers another way Nordstrom is working to leave the world better than we found it.”
The beneficiaries include:
- The Ali Forney Center (New York City), which provides LGBTQ young people a safe, dignified and nurturing environment meeting their housing needs and support so that they may begin to put their lives back together.
- Covenant House (Toronto), which provides life-changing care with respect to youth experiencing homelessness and survivors of sex trafficking. They offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community.
- The Night Ministry (Chicago), which provides housing, health care and human connection to people struggling with poverty or homelessness. The Night Ministry addresses their immediate physical, emotional, and social needs while affirming their sense of humanity and helping them build lives of stability.
- YouthCare (Seattle), which works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Through a combination of individualized services tailored to young people's needs and a trusting relationship with a caring adult, YouthCare ensures that young people experiencing homelessness achieve long-term stability.
- Youth Emerging Stronger (Los Angeles), which provides runaway, homeless and foster youth with safety, stability and housing, along with relationships and resources.
Treasure & Bond is available in Nordstrom stores and online at Nordstrom.com.