- Sprouts Farmers Market released the locations of 10 stores opening in the next three months.
- The Phoenix-based organic grocery chain will open stores in California, Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Maryland, Nevada and North Carolina.
- The grocer reported it opened six new stores in the second quarter, resulting in 391 stores in 23 states as of July 2.
Additionally, stores set to open in September, October and November include:
- Tampa (Uptown neighborhood), Florida — September 15
- Austin (Mueller neighborhood), Texas — September 22
- Indian Well, California — October 13
- Port Charlotte, Florida — October 27
- Visalia, California — November 3
- Burtonsville, Maryland — November 10
- Henderson, Nevada — November 10
- Charlotte (Steele Creek), North Carolina — November 17
Earlier this year, the specialty grocer detailed plans to close about a dozen stores this year. The closing stores are about 30% larger than Sprouts’ current smaller prototype. The grocer also recently acquired its only two licensed stores, both located in California, meaning the retailer now owns all stores operating under the Sprouts Farmers Market name.
As highlighted in its annual Environmental, Social and Governance report, Sprouts also said it plans to build new stores within 250 miles of its distribution centers to reduce its transportation-related emissions, as part of its efforts to cut back Scope 3 emissions.
In Sprouts second quarter results, the grocer reported it opened six new stores in the quarter, resulting in 391 stores in 23 states as of July 2 (including the closure of 10 stores during the quarter, as previously announced). The majority of its stores are in California, and the retailer employs approximately 31,000 team members. Net sales totaled $1.7 billion for the quarter; a 6% increase from the same period in 2022.