- Sprouts Farmers Market opened its 400th store on September 8 in Haddon Township, New Jersey.
- Haddon Township store marks the 23rd store opening for Sprouts this year.
- The store opening follows the unveiling of a location in Rialto, California, earlier in September.
Phoenix-based Sprouts is currently located in 23 states across the U.S., including Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
In August, Retail Leader previously reported Sprouts released the locations of 10 stores opening in the next three months. Besides the Rialto and Haddon Township stores, additional stores set to open in September, October and November include:
- Tampa (Uptown neighborhood), Florida — September 15.
- Austin (Mueller neighborhood), Texas — September 22.
- Indian Well, California — October 13.
- Port Charlotte, Florida — October 27.
- Visalia, California — November 3.
- Burtonsville, Maryland — November 10.
- Henderson, Nevada — November 10.
- Charlotte (Steele Creek), North Carolina — November 17.
Sprouts plans to open 30 stores this year in its new smaller footprint of about 23,000 square feet. Sprouts also has a pipeline of more than 80 approved stores and nearly 60 executed leases, said Jack Sinclair, Sprouts’ CEO, during the grocer’s 2022 fourth-quarter earnings call.