Weis enriches rewards program
Changes to Weis Markets’ Preferred Shopper program have the retailer giving up margin on key items in hopes of enhancing loyalty with key shopper segments.
Changes to the Weis Preferred shopper program now allow participants to receive discounts on nine commonly purchased items once certain spending thresholds. For example, participants in the program earn one point for every dollar spent and once they achieve 100 points they receive the following discounts:
- A 10 cent per gallon discount at Weis Gas’ N Go fuel centers and participating Sheetz, Mirabito, High’s and Carroll Motor Fuels locations.
- 19 cents a pound bananas.
- 39 cents for a 20 ounce loaf of Weis Quality Sandwich Bread.
- 39 cents for a fresh baked muffin.
- 39 cents for a roll of Weis Quality Paper Towels.
- 99 cents for a four pound bag of Weis Quality Sugar.
- 99 cents for a 48 ounce container of Weis Quality Ice Cream.
- $1.99 for a 16-count package of Weis Quality American Cheese Singles.
- $1.99 for a 1.25 pound package of Certified Angus 75 percent lean ground beef.
- $3.99 for a gallon of Weis Quality Organic Milk.
Another key change involved offering those over 60 a 10% discount on the complete lineup of approximately 6,000 Weis brand products on Tuesdays.
“Our upgraded rewards program now offers more of our customers reward discounts on some of our best-selling products and is particularly helpful to those in areas with limited gas reward options,” said Ron Bonacci, Vice President of Marketing and Advertising for Weis Markets. “Our rewards program has always been a tremendous success but many of our customers wanted the additional option of saving on the products they regularly purchase. Ultimately, we wanted to give them more flexibility in their reward choices.”
Weis Markets operates 205 stores in the Mid-Atlantic states of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Virginia and West Virginia.