Beauty and consumables retailer takes flight in N.J.
Hudson Group will expand its footprint at LaGuardia Airport by opening a one-of-its-kind store.
The company plans to open at LGA the first FAO Schwarz airport and travel destination store, featuring signature FAO Schwarz toys and games. The company will also open a McNally Jackson bookstore, duty-free shops and a shop selling M∙A∙C, one of the world’s leading beauty brands.
Hudson Group's new agreement at LGA entails space in the concourse of the reimagined Terminal B. The new state of the art 1.3M square foot terminal will feature 35 gates, over 25 retail and food offerings, and dual pedestrian bridges that span active taxi lanes connecting the main part of the terminal to two island concourses.
“Hudson Group has truly grown and evolved since we opened our first Hudson News at LaGuardia (LGA) Airport in 1987,” said Joseph DiDomizio, president and chief executive officer of Hudson Group. “We are proud of our ‘Big Apple’ roots and we are thrilled to grow our longstanding partnership with such an amazing partner. The new contract highlights how diligently we work to ensure that airport concessions are evolving to meet the growing needs of travelers. This is especially true for LGA, as our competitive bid will bring the nation’s oldest and most iconic toy brand, FAO Schwarz, into airports for the first time at the City’s oldest commercial airport.”
Additional details on Hudson Group’s new retail concepts according to the company include:
- Hudson: Hudson is the nation’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with customer ease at its core. Divided into four major categories and color-coded for ease of navigation, Hudson delivers the lifestyle shopping experience preferred by today’s traveler. Inspired by the iconic Hudson News brand, store offerings range from travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs, and electronics, to snacks and beverages, books, and magazines.
- LaGuardia Dufry Duty Free: Domestic passengers will now have the chance to shop for an excellent assortment of cosmetics and fragrances, fashion accessories, and confections. International passengers will appreciate the selection of tobacco products, wines and spirits.
- FAO Schwarz: FAO Schwarz has been a brand synonymous with quality and innovation, offering an unparalleled selection of extraordinary toys that have enchanted generations and cultivated a loyal clientele. With over one hundred fifty years of operation, FAO Schwarz draws inspiration and will incite one-of-a-kind experiences to guests at LGA.
- M∙A∙C: A beauty brand that has become the world’s leading professional makeup authority. With strong pigmentations and products suited for everyday wear, M∙A∙C offers an individualized merchandise mix and category breadth that appeals to all ages, complexions, and skin types.
- McNally Jackson: An independent bookseller at the epicenter of Manhattan’s literary culture. McNally Jackson is a true mecca for book lovers and offers something for everyone, meeting the tastes of true bibliophiles and collectors to casual readers just looking for a good read.
Hudson Group operates over 1,000 duty-paid and duty-free stores in 88 locations, including airports, commuter terminals, hotels and some of the most visited landmarks and tourist destinations in the world.