Southeastern Grocers has found a winning new banner in Harveys, which will celebrate its 80th location this month in Florida.
The company is opening three new Harveys in November: a second Harveys store in Tampa, Fla., and two new locations in Lakeland.
In November 2016, Southeastern Grocers refreshed and re-launched nearly 70 Winn-Dixie locations with the new Harveys banner. The company says new energy from the banner has propelled significant growth for Southeastern Grocers over the past year. In Florida alone, Harveys Supermarket has opened nearly 20 locations in the last year with expansion into seven new markets.
“Harveys Supermarket has thrived over the past year, and we continue to receive an overwhelmingly positive response from our customers. This is no doubt due to the dedication our team has applied to customer listening sessions to truly identify our customers’ needs so we can best tailor each store to provide the service, products and prices our customers in the area desire,” said Anthony Hucker, CEO of Southeastern Grocers. "At Harveys Supermarket our goal is to provide great prices while continuing to offer great value. We are confident our customers will be able to find great savings on thousands of items in their new Harveys Supermarket, because we are committed to providing multiple savings programs with lower prices on items they buy most.“
The company says Harveys continues to excel in a very competitive Florida grocery industry by remaining focused on the grocers’ commitment to the nearly century-long heritage and unwavering customer promise to provide great value, great prices and great service.
Each new location will offer customers an enhanced shopping experience that is customized for their community and complete with products at great prices. Some of the new features and savings opportunities available at all three locations include:
- A new custom façade and vibrant color palate with fresh, contemporary interior signage.
- New $1 Zone within the store, with savings on more than 1,200 popular items for only $1, including beverages, snacks, canned goods, cleaners, greeting cards, baby and health items.
- More than 500 products are now priced, “Low and Staying Low,” and are easily found in store with a distinctive bright yellow thumbs-up sign – price guaranteed for at least six months.
- Over 1,500 items across the store are reduced in price – easily identified by the, “Great Low Price” tags – great low prices, whether on-sale or off-sale.
- An expanded meat department with new value meat selections – Big Pack, Big Value!
- “Pick 5” with more than 75 items to choose from, including fresh packaged and frozen meats, for only $19.95; a 25% average discount!
- Refreshed produce department featuring fresh quality produce from local farmers.
Southeastern Grocers, parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the fifth largest conventional supermarket chain in the U.S. The company has stores in the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.