Shoppers at Wawa convenience stores already trust the company for breakfast and lunch so why not dinner? The operator of 900 stores announced the official test and pilot of several new dinner menu items designed to provide freshly prepared, satisfying options that are affordable and convenient for any lifestyle.
Menu items, with the exception of heat and eat meals, become available after 4 p.m. on the touch screen ordering system customers are already familiar with using to order other food items. The system gives customers the ability to select preferred ingredients and customize meals. Currently available at select stores, Wawa said the new offering is expanding rapidly to stores in the company’s six state operating area of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Florida and Washington, D.C.
“We’re grateful to our customers who frequent Wawa for breakfast, lunch and grocery items, and are proud to introduce this new platform as another solution for making dinner easily accessible and satisfying for everyone,” said Mike Sherlock, Wawa’s chief product marketing officer. “We always strive to listen to our customers, so we’ve spent time testing menu items in select stores, gathering feedback and perfecting our recipes with the goal of providing a family, group of friends, etc., the ability to select their preferred dinner while still enjoying a meal together.”
Menu options are being tested in hundreds of stores throughout the company in various phases of feedback and execution ranging from 15 stores for the burger and pasta with more than 100 stores testing rotisserie chicken. All stores have implemented heat and eat meals.
Among the items featured are:
• The new and improved burger featuring all-natural angus, lighter bun, cheese and fries.
• Penne or fettucine pasta with alfredo, marinara or Bolognese available with roasted veggies, broccoli, roasted chicken, meatballs and Asiago cheese.
• Entrée platters including braised chicken, pork roast or pot roast with two sides.
• Rotisserie-style chicken and Mac and Cheese.
• Six Heat and Eat meals, including penne chicken alfredo with broccoli, chicken and broccoli, chicken breast, spicy boneless wings, penne pasta with meatballs and Mac & Cheese with BBQ pulled pork.
The company also said kids meals were just introduced to serve as a complement to dinner with six entrees, side and beverage in a colorful, kid-friendly box with activities and Wally Goose trading cards.